Friday, August 27, 2010

We Survived The First Week!

August 27, 2010

We have survived the first week back at school with just a minor dance injury. Cymbre went to dance class on Monday, and strained her back! The kid just can't win. On Wednesday when it wasn't feeling better, I took her to the doctor. He put her on muscle relaxers, perscription motrin, and a numbing patch to wear at night. She did all her stretching before class, but obviously, she over stretched something.

I spent today just puttering around the house...getting rid of papers that have been left on the kitchen counter, sending wedding cards to people we got announcements for, making doctor appointments for the allergist, and then doing some mending and working on dance costumes. I still haven't figured out why the washer fills up with hot water when I set it to cold, but sometimes it fills up with cold. It isn't because the hoses are connected wrong...Dad already checked that. So today, if I wanted cold water, I just set the thing to hot! It is kind of confusing to my feeble sleep deprived mind though!

Cooper is going to be able to work with the Master Jazz teacher she wanted to work with on a jazz solo this year.....he is just as excited as Cooper is! He had her go downtown last night to his jazz class, and she had a wonderful time. Guess I have to come up with a jazz costume this year! Great!

Ms. Andee came today to work on hard tap steps upstairs. I think there was more giggling than tapping, but those girls just love her. Thankfully, she loves them back!

I got half the sewing room organized again...actually, Dad didn't do to bad getting things back where I had them....I just have to do a bit of fine tuning of things. Dad and I sorted through my elastic drawer and wound it all up in little bundles with elastics...so now, my drawer is VERY organized! We will see how long it lasts. And I found the clear elastic for making costumes that I needed! We did the velcro drawer too! (There must be a blog post in here somewhere...there are stray pieces of velcro that don't have the matching oposite side....)

The dryer is drying the clothes much better since Dad had the vent cleaned out....it was worth the money to me....I actually can get the laundry done in one day again!

I think we finally have all the school supplies bought for now....we will need more before the end of the year....I think they eat map pencils!

Cooper's Game of Life YW/YM activitiy is this next Wednesday....guess I am doing the decorating during the day as there won't be time after school with homework and dinner. We almost have everything ready...she still has to work on the program, and then I guess I will take it to Kinkos to run off. Don't know if I can do it by myself though, and Shyla was always the one who pushed the copy button!

We are skyping Baby Eden....back later.

Cooper has gone to the football game with her friend....it's not even for her school. But there will be kids she knows. It is the first football game she has gone to.

Enough for now...Eden is ignoring us, but we are talking to her anyway!

No comments: