Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lockdown!! What??

September 14, 2010

So today was the day the Cooper FINALLY got her top braces off. She is SO EXCITED. She says they sparkle like diamonds. She texted Caleb, and then Ms. Andee! Ms. Andee told her she would wear her sunglasses tonight. I just don't know what these two would do without their Ms. Andee! She is certainly more than just a dance teacher to them. We all love her so much...

AND, I go to school to pick Cooper up for off campus PE, and no kids are coming out of school. All the parents are just parked out there waiting. We waited for a few minutes, and then a whole group of them came out together. Cooper was telling us that the school was on lockdown! Great! Another time, lockdown, and nothing is said to parents. There were sheriff cars out in front parked in the fire lane, but they always park there. I really think the school has an obligation to let parents know what is going on. I realize they can't just come out and tell everyone, but how about an email? After all, they are supposed to be keeping our kids safe, and we keep going to get our own kids, and can't get them because the school is locked down. No kids, no explanations, no nothing! I think I will start by complaining to the school superintendent's office. That will probably get me called in for some meeting somewhere....but then maybe they will at least use the key communicators that they make some parents sign up to be, aware of these types of problems at the school. Last year, the fire trucks came, news helicopters, the whole deal. NOTHING was sent out to parents. So, why when the parents are paying the taxes that pay these peoples salaries, are we not informed of security issues at the school? And for that matter, why aren't the actual kids in the school informed of the situation at least the next day? Some days I think my tax dollars are totally wasted when it comes to school! And we pay enough each year to practically finance a year of college! And don't get me started on the list of school supplies I have to send even after I pay my taxes!!!!

And the middle school is having parking issues....for two years they have told the off campus PE parents to park in the fire lane in front of the school, run in, sign the kid out, and return to your car in case you have to move. So this year, the sheriff is out there making 28 parents figure out how to park in 8 visitors spaces! You can't park where it isn't marked for parking, you can't use the handicap spaces, and they don't want you to leave your car parked in the middle of the parking lot behind cars. OK, SO WHERE DO I PARK MY CAR??? It seems to me, they need to make the front office people park on the side of the building where the teachers are supposed to park, and label some more of the spots for parents. If there is a parent coming to pick up a sick kid, they are having the same parking issues when the off campus parents are trying to get our kids. Maybe I will just park in the principles spot! Her car is never there when I need to park...she must be out to lunch. That will probably get me in trouble with the sheriff too! Come to think of it, my taxes pay him too, so why can't he come up with a place for me to park my car?

Maybe, my whole issue stems from paying so many taxes!

On a lighter note, I am almost done with Cymbre's tap costume. Just have the over skirt left! And more peppermints to sew on. Then I have to buy tights, but I am going to order them online. I think I have a coupon somewhere. And she needs tan tap shoes...which I will also order online since I know her size.

Now, I just need the UPS truck to bring the rhinestones that were supposed to be here last Friday, so I can add the bling!

The girls got their new dance company bags, hanging bags, and sweat suits last night. Hopefully, they will hold up better than some we have had in the past. Cooper still needs her jacket, but they tell her that it is coming.

Dad has gone to the high school tonight for the open house. It's a general see the teacher for 5 minutes, get the emails, get the class lowdown, and go to the next class. He will probably be home before I get the girls home from dance.

Cooper started her jazz solo, and it's HARD! If she can get it, I am sure she will win something with it. Now I just need a costume idea.

Cymbre's eye doctor wants to see her again, because since Denver when her eye went out, it has gone out several times. He wants to make sure that everything is stable. I don't really know what happens if they don't think things are "stable". At any rate, because I made a big fuss about her getting run into in the hallways with this kids who likes to run, they have given her a permanent 5 minute pass. So she leaves all her classes 5 minutes early to avoid the crowds in the halls. AND, teachers are now posted in the halls watching for the running kids. I basically told the school that if she ended up with a detached retina because they didn't stop the running, the school would be paying for surgery. They didn't like that so much. However, it says in the handbook that they make the kids sign every year that running in the halls is a NO NO! So, why are they letting them run in the halls? They found on the security tape where the kid runs into her, so figure out who he is, and issue some punishments. I realize that what she has is very rare, but she is supposed to be safe at school. Oh goodness, there's my soapbox again!!

Well, I must go take Cymbre to dance, and take Cooper her dinner.....we are warming up the mac and cheese that Cymbre made for us for dinner. I'll write again later....

Remember that Dad and I love you bunches and bunches, and get out there and do something wonderful to help someone you don't know. It will make you feel good!

Mom

No comments: