Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Busy Week...

April 18, 2010

This past week has been a pretty busy one around our house.
I've been cleaning out cupboards, organizing stuff, getting rid of stuff we don't use, and in general making the piles of clutter disappear! However, there's still a ton of stuff to still do. It never ends I have decided!
Cymbre's flower garden is doing really well...so far, we have remembered to water the thing. And her hanging tomatoe seems to like it spot too. We even made little tiny flower pots in the window sills outside with one little plant in each one. She is thrilled. She also found a unique flowering tree at the garden shop, but we didn't buy it because we had to leave because she was screaming about her ear hurting.
I had taken her to the PA at the doctor's office, and she said she had an ear infection like swimmer's ear. That's interesting since she hasn't been in any water...
Anyway, she gave her some antibiotic ear drops and sent us on our way. We came home and did the drops. Then about an hour and a half later she was screaming about her ear buzzing and really in a lot of pain. I thought since we were at the garden shop maybe a bug bit her, but when I looked, there was nothing! We got her to stop screaming, and took her to the urgent care place. Dr. Mufasa ( not really his name, but he likes to call her Simba, so she calls him this) said it was the ear drops causing the problems. He was always trained that you didn't use those in patients with ear tubes. He told us not to use them anymore, and gave her an oral antibiotic. At this point, all I can say it...IT HAS TO BE CYMBRE!!!
I am taking the drops to the doctor on Monday when we go to talk about her headaches, and tell him what happened. I think he needs to at least make sure the PA knows not to use them on ear tube patients. Cymbre has spent the weekend in a lot of pain because of those dumb drops that were supposed to make her feel better!
We went to the Showstopper's Dance competition yesterday. Cooper had to go help with her baby classes backstage. I sent her with a Hintze mom on Friday. She had a wonderful time with her friend, and got to see all her Hintze friends. They were actually nice to her....thank goodness. Last year was a totally different story. It's all stupid if you ask me. Several of the moms came to talk to me to catch up on the girls, find out why we weren't dancing when our names were in the program, and just visit. A few of them wanted to know were we went, and said they were going to come visit our new studio. I guess things aren't going to well over there.
I will be glad when the girls are both back in dance classes...they are so bored just taking notes.
Cooper started her physical therapy for her foot, and Cymbre is still in her cast. Maybe if she is lucky she will get it off this week, and go into the air cast for a couple of weeks. I took Cooper to Cymbre's physical therapist, and he gave her some exercises to help get those foot muscles and lower leg mscles back in shape. Being in a cast really messed up her balance, so they are working on that issue too. She is sore in the bottom area from doing exercises for her foot.....I didn't think we were in therapy for that area.
It's rainy here today...a good day to just take a nice long nap! All the grass is greening up again, and the humidity is coming back. Where did I put that good hair gel?
I finally have our master bath put back together after redoing the tile. It's pretty now.
Went to the fabric store this week and got some costume materials for 50% off. Not bad I say! It doesn't seem like it should be time to start thinking about all that again. I think the girls are going to redo some of their solos, but do a new one or two too. We will talk to Ms. Andee after she is back from having her new baby boy. They are also going to do a tap duet this next year....hopefully, we won't have injuries to deal with...just Cymbre's knee muscles.
I got the school sorted out to have the help for Cymbre if she needs it for her TAKS test....that took some effort and a reminder that my taxes paid their salaries, but they finally came around. It's sort of will she need it or will her vision come back kind of thing. We can't wait until the last minute to make the special arrangements. They have to order a large print test from the state. And they are making arrangements for someone to read it to her if necessary. I hope it isn't though. She did have her vision last week for 12 hours, and it's back this morning....we will see.
We are ready for school to be over, and for dance to be over. I think we will take the summer off...just make sure our injuries are healed, and begin again in August.
We are going to visit Grandpa and Grandma in August. Dad is staying here...he thinks he has to work. The girls are REALLY looking forward to being with Grandpa again. It's been a couple of years since we were last there.
Cooper went to half of youth conference...the other half was outside in a field, so she stayed home rather than be eaten alive by little critters.
This week I have to go back to the doctor on my blood sugar stuff...and then next week to the nutrition lady. She needs to revise her numbers things because they aren't getting me where I need to be. They are also messing with my thyroid medicine again...it seems like when you get older (they say I am) that your thyroid needs less of the medicine. Maybe that will make a difference in how I feel.
This week, we have physical therapy again on Wednesday and Friday. Jeff is good with the girls, but can't work with Cymbre because she is in her cast.
Dad is home for now...he had the van in the shop getting the usual stuff done, and the air conditioning people have been here making sure the house will stay nice and somewhat cool this summer. I'm glad the girls and I will be gone during the hottest time this summer. Shyla, Caleb, and Britni are all going to try to come to Denver too. That will be fun if those grandbabies are around to hug again so soon. Guess I better start looking for the Grandma presents for my suitcase just in case.
It's time to clean off the dining room table so Cooper can have her presidency meeting here this afternoon. Just have to put the Easter decorations away.
All of you have a great week...remember to keep Cymbre on the prayer rolls.
And take a brownie to someone who could use a little cheer. It will help both of you!
Love you.
Mom

No comments: