Monday, February 1, 2010

Here We Go Again!!

February 1, 2010

We have survived the dance convention weekend, and the girls got to meet the girl who just won So You Think You Can Dance....she was there as part of the faculty. She told Cooper that she is really good at Funk Jazz...made Cooper's Day!
Cymbre managed to get Mike Minery's autograph on her sweat shirt....he's the tap guy for the convention. All in all, they had a great time. Cymbre ended up sitting out and taking notes for most of the day, but she learned a lot anyway. Her knees are just giving her fits as she teaches those muscles to stretch.
Cymbre has Osgood-Schlatter disease in her knees. Basically that means that her bones are growing faster than her muscles. That is complicated by her injury 2 years ago that basically shut down the muscles, and so she is functioning with 30% of her muscle usage. Therefore, the physical therapist is trying to help her teach those muscles from her hip down to her ankle to stretch and work. A very painful process, when they have basically become very lazy. She is a real trooper though, and is trying to dance through the pain.....it's beginning to stretch, but is going to take some time before it is where they want it to be. So keep saying your prayers for her. 70 percent of a lazy muscle is a lot to have to try to wake up!!
I have been rhinestoning the costumes....just have one more to stone, and one more to make. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, however, with this Firebird tutu thing, it's still VERY FAR away! I did however, but a heart feather wreath to use in making the hat, so that's a bit of progress on that costume. The other feathers will have to be on something that can be tied on her at the last minute, as Cooper has allergies....always something with her! And I sewed the elastic and ribbons on her new pointe shoes so she can break them in before having to perform in them.
I've got to get the girls to put on the costumes so I can take some photos, and put them here....they are beautiful again this year, even if I do say so myself! I never dreamed 40 years ago when I started sewing that I would be a costume designer today!
Thank goodness for the prom dress I could just remodel this year....I may do it that way again next year. It's pretty slick how it works. It's all the little things...jewelry, hats, and stuff that I don't like to do. They take to much time, and too much shopping for little stuff!
I've sent Valentines boxes to my Grandbabies...sorry kids...it's all about the babies now!
Dad is making the reservations for the trip to California....and boy is this Grammie excited to see those babies again! I going to start collecting presents!
Dad will be in Calgary next week, so who knows what will happen here...maybe everyone should start praying for NOTHING to happen! I could really use a Dad trip with nothing happening at home.
The girls talked to Grandpa and Grandma last night....they love to talk to them.....And Cooper is looking forward to Grandpa calling to sing Happy Birthday this week!
Cooper will be taking donuts to seminary on her birthday, and I guess Dad will stay for a few minutes to talk about her....don't know what he'll say, but he will think of something.
Cooper gave a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday about temple work. Everyone says she did a great job. Cymbre and I were home trying to get her knee to work, so we missed it.
I finally got Cooper registered for EFY. She is going to Huntsville the 28th of June through July 3, then home a day, and off to girls camp. Cymbre and I are going to have some serious sewing for Cymbre time!!
The bathroom tile is down and sealed, and I just have a couple of drawers and cabinets left to clean out. It's finally looking pretty again! I wish the whole entry was the white tile, but we aren't going to replace what's there yet. Dad wants to re-carpet, but that's a BIG MESS too. I don't like big messes in the house!
Well, I must get busy on Cymbre's Dr. Dr. Dance jacket....it has to get to the embroidery lady early this week, and it isn't even cut out. I would rather go shopping for the GRANDBABIES!!!
Remember that you should be doing something for someone less fortunate than you everyday...it helps keep the Spirit close...
Love you all
Mom

No comments: