Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reports!

January 18, 2010

Well, the doctor report for Cymbre is that she has bones that are growing faster than muscle in her knee...so that means she will grow a bump just below her kneecap, and she will always have pain in her knee with excercise. Not a good thing for a dancers. He told her she could quit dancing and it would quit hurting, but some days just walking makes the thing hurt. He gave her a different kind of knee brace to hold her kneecap in place, and told her she can do what she wants. She isn't of the mind to give up her dancing, especially tap, so I guess we will dance when it doesn't hurt, and rest when it does. At some point, they will have to go in and fix the damaged cartilidge, and I think she said that she has a very small meniscus tear. All this is happening close to her growth plates, so they are hesitant to fix anything until she is fully grown. She could still use everyone's faith and prayers.
Cooper is feeling much better, thank goodness....we weren't going to like any further testing they were going to want to do. They sent her down to Texas Children's Hospital, but you have to wait for them to call with an appointment, then you go and sit all day and just wait until they get around to you. That can't happen for me, as I still have to get Cymbre for off campus PE, and I need the appointment for after school hours because when Cooper misses school, she has to take more finals. So I told our doctor, that I would find my own doctor....they told me there wasn't any other ones who do kids. So I goggled doctors, and found 10 with good reviews between the two highways I live by. How is it then that there are not other children's doctors except at Texas Children's? Doesn't make sense....they just didn't want to help me look for one. I hate it when Doctors just think you have all day to just wait on them! I think we should send them a bill for our time....
They are coming to fix the tile in our master bathroom tomorrow and Thursday...what a mess. It's half torn out, but Dad said he was going to let them finish the job....I am NOT looking forward to the dust storm about to happen. I am cleaning everything out of the bathroom as I don't want to have to wash everything....and Dad is going to tape something over the whirlpool tub as we don't need the dust in the jets!
I need to take my wedding ring into be resized, and have the prongs that hold the big diamond in fixed. This causes me great trauma....I have worn the thing for 31 years, and I have a very hard time handling it when I have to leave it at the jewelers for any length of time.....kind of dumb, but me none the less! AND, they always want to keep it for at least a WEEK! It's my most precious jewelry, and I just can't stand the thought of it in a store somewhere....what if something happens....you know hurricanes are not unheard of in this area...or a tornado, or a flood from a rainstorm....the possibilities are endless....and so is my torment! I know, I need some help! It doesn't help that Dad teases me that we aren't married when I don't have it either...I hate that!
Well, I must go birthday shopping, and I think I may get some lunch at Taco bell....that's sounding good today.
All you keepers of the grandbabies, give them hugs and kisses, and put some new photos on the blogs. My keychain isn't full yet, and I have very jealous friends!
And everyone remember that you should be doing something for someone in need every day...it makes you a better person.
Love you all.
Mom

No comments: