Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2,000 Stripling Warriors

December 16, 2009

I went to the LDS bookstore last night and found a wonderful picture of the 2,000 Stripling Soldiers! Caleb would love it! It came home with me, and I gave it to Dad for our anniversary since I never had found a gift. I have never seen a picture like this one, and it just touched my heart! They said it had just come in, and I bought the only one they had. I'll have to put a picture of it here when I get another minute.

The girls are both at school, and no one has called for medicine, so we must be on the mend. Cooper's new antibiotic appears to be helping her chest. And we didn't have to do the steam tent last night!

Both the girls are enjoying getting little presents from their baby classes at the dance studio. I guess that's a fun perk of being a student assistant teacher...presents! They are getting candles, candy, gift cards, etc.

Dad and I are finishing up the projects we have been making for Christmas for the girls. Dad's one for Cymbre has turned out really cute, and I will post a photo after Christmas. Now we just have to figure out how to wrap it!

It's cold and windy here today...and I need to go the the fabric store. I have to match some material for Cooper's pointe costumes! I know for the one I will end up downtown at High Fashion.

I paid the first competition fees last night...doesn't seem like it should be that time of year. Cooper has 3 solos and a trio, and Cymbre is doing 2 solos this year. Solos are more expensive than the groups dances, but we don't do the groups since they may dance on Sunday. Kristin lets the girls do the solos because we can change them to Saturday if we need to. I'm glad we changed studios if for no other reason than they don't have to be in groups to compete at the new one. They are much happier at dance this year...they have Andee again...and the other teachers seem to be able to challenge them. They love it when Andee comes to the house on Friday to work on hard tap steps with them. She has been wonderful to work with them! She is becoming a real mentor to them. Ms. Casey is also a great influence on Cooper in her ballet. She keeps telling us that she will turn Cooper into a ballerina yet....but Andee has had her tapping for years now! I still think the tap will win, although her pointe has come a long way this past year.

I am working on the family Christmas newsletter...that thing always takes me forever to write. Maybe this year I will just do a boring one, and then no one will want it next year! What do you think? Nah...I already have written about Dad and his hot pink suitcase going to Shyla's!

Well, I must get this costume finished this morning...I want Britni to help rhinestone the finished ones when she comes....that's a good thing to keep her and the girls busy for hours!

Have a great day, and remember, especially this next week or two to do something unexpected that is of service to someone you don't know....it's fun, and makes you feel the Saviors'Spirit!

Love you all.

Mom

No comments: