Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shyla's Little Miracle

November 3, 2009

Here's Russell and Shyla's little miracle.
We are having a great time snuggling in the NICU because I thought I might try on a little infection just to throw a little trial to Mom and Dad.

Grammie and Me spent an hour and a half snuggling and talking about everyone in my family that loves me.
As you can see I am sporting a really cool IV, and that means they don't poke me so much. It has the medicine for my infection.
I'm still learning how to suck, so I really kind of make a mess when Grammie tries to feed me my bottle, but my very nice nurse told Grammie I will figure it out in the next day or two.
I have all these cool wires monitoring everything...and a really interesting bed that closes like a box. I have my own private room in the NICU until they can help me get rid of my little infection. The Doctor told Grammie tonight that I would be fine, and now I am just anxiously awaiting my chance to hug on Mommy. We are hoping that will happen around midnight tomorrow. I think that might be a good time, don't you think. Mommy doesn't need to sleep since Grammie and me had such a good time after nine o'clock tonight.
Grammie is coming back for more loves around lunch time tomorrow. I have to see my doctor, and get all cleaned up and ready for visitors. Did you know they make Grammie wear a funny mask, and just from my viewpoint....I think it makes her look funny! I can't wait to see Mommy and Daddy in their masks!
Grammie and I rocked and rocked, and she told me all about the very big family, and everyone who loves me tonight. She said Mommy and Daddy love me best! I think my Grammie might be just a little bit biased though....

Shyla's Little Pretty Baby!

Here's my cool IV...it hits my face every once in a while, and I like to taste the tape!

And yes, I have ten little tiny toes, and ten long fingers!


This is that crazy Grammie I was talking about in her mask...isn't it funny!



I like to just stay awake and look around.
Just so everyone knows...I'm going to be fine...I weighed 7 lbs, and I am 17" tall. I don't like to suck on that sucky thing, and I can't quite get the hang of all this sucking stuff my nurse thinks I should....but I am trying my best to learn quickly. Grammie fed me some of my bottle tonight, but I mostly slobbered it on my burpy rag....I will try harder tomorrow! I also LOVE to wiggle and I especially like staying awake and looking around!
Love you Mommy and Daddy!!










No comments: