Thursday, November 26, 2009

More Busyness!

November 26, 2009

Today is Thanksgiving, and we have had the usual "busyness"! Cooking, watching the parade, Dad doing Christmas lights outside. The little girls just RELAXING! They don't get to do that very often with the dance stuff they do.

I have loaded the dishwasher three times and ran it today....I think that's twice to many! Oh, well, dinner and pies and cheesecakes were worth the work I guess.

Bright and early in the morning, while normal people are still sleeping, the girls and I will be in line at Kohls. There are a couple of gifts we need to pick up there, and then on to Target, Home Depot, Radio shack, and the mall. We will go out to breakfast after the Kohls pay line, and see how much energy we have to plow through the rest of our lists. We might have to come home around 9-10am for a little cat nap before going back out. Christmas shopping is almost done this year....not as much as last year, but we want to go to California as a family in March to hug on baby Eden. We want to have the entire family, so we are not spending as much on Christmas this year. Dad thinks we are weird for going shopping in the wee hours of the morning, but it has become a fun tradition for the girls and I. We just wish Britni was here to go with us again this year.

I made a whole jazz costume for Cymbre today....it was pretty easy. I had bought a hot pink leotard, and then just made a blue coverup for it. Turned out really cute...I'll post photos later. I just have to figure out a headpiece for it. We got some hairbows down on Harwin street that Cymbre wants to use, but I need some feathers or something to go with them. I am trying to order a buckram hat form, but have to send a letter to the company to open an account. The next costume is Cooper's tap, and that's just taking a dress up to make a top, and then decorating it. It should be easy. I've ordered rhinestones, and they should get here sometime the beginning of the week. We found the jewelry we needed on Harwin street, and even found the beginnings of a bird hat for Cooper's pointe solo - Firebird - this year. I have ordered the red pancake tutu, and will start constructing the costume using her white one until the red one gets here. Also picked up some feather boas at Hobby Lobby this week...they were on sale. I also found a flip flop decoration that I want to turn into a strap holder for Cymbre's tap costume. I made narrow straps, and they tend to fall off her shoulders, so I wanted to have something to hold them together on the top of her shoulder. Just have to figure out how to attach the flip flop thing to get it to stay where I want it. Ms. Casey wants Cooper to look like a bird, so I have some pictures to go on, but that costume will be my challenge this year. Cooper will look really good in the bright red costume though. I need another trip down to High Fashion to look for some fancy material for the bird costume.

I am hoping that I might find some time to do a bit of sewing for the family this next week. We'll see.

Dad wants to put up the Christmas decorations this weekend. He will be gone next weekend, and then to London for a while. So it's either now, or wait until the middle of December. I love to have them up, so I guess we'll do it now.

I got out the snowman cookie jars, but rarely use them for cookies. They humidity ruins cookies down here. However, they look great sitting on the kitchen counter. We also got out the Christmas Spode dishes today. I love to use them for the month of December....we bought them in England so many years ago.

I bought myself a Christmas tree to put in the front entry to use for just my snowman ornaments. I am getting a good collection, and the other tree is so full that I decided to make my own snowman tree. I hear you all moaning....it won't do you any good! In fact, you can contribute to my snowman Christmas tree anytime you feel the need.

And those of you who are curious will be glad to know that yes, I have bought a new snowman this year. He is a really cute cookie jar! Hallmark stopped making the singing snowmen, so I bought a new cookie jar instead. I may have to go to Hallmark and get a couple of those cute snowman ornaments for my tree though.

My face is still quite numb, but not getting worse...guess those steroids at least did something. I am tired of it stinging all the time though. And I look like someone slapped my cheeks they are so red! Who knew Bells's Palsy can return just because you get sick with something else? It has something to do with inflammation in your body when you are sick. Pretty dumb if you ask me!

Dad has decided to use the driver's ed in a box approach to teach Cooper how to drive. She can get her pemit in February...heaven forbid! It sure doesn't seem like she is old enough, but I am looking forward to when she can just take them both to dance and come home when they are done. No more camping out at the studio for hours! I enjoy having a teenage driver in the house. They are so great for quick trips somewhere while I get something else done.

I am trying to come up with things to write in the family Christmas newsletter, so if you kids have some ideas, please send them my way. I have a reputation to preserve you know.

Well, must try to sleep at least a bit before the grand shopping expedition! Those two girls are crazy at 3am! By 5am we will be at Burger King eating french toast strips! We will beat Dad up tomorrow.

Love you all,

Mom

No comments: