Friday, March 2, 2012

Frogs Are Going To Sunday School

March 2, 2012


I am taking frogs to Sunday School this week.  I had to go buy some to use, and I found a really cute one that goes in flower gardens.  Cymbre will use it when I am done.  Also got some little rubber ones to use as the handout, and some that you can press on their tails and they will jump.


The object of the lesson is....there is a quote by James E. Faust to the effect that if you put a frog in boiling water, it will immediately jump out, but if you put the frog in a pot of tepid water and slowly turn up the heat a little bit at a time, he will boil to death.  This is like the illusions that Satan uses on us.  First, he gets us to accept some tiny little sin, then he turns up the heat just a little bit....a slightly bigger sin....then a bit more, and a bit more.  Finally, we are stuck in his chains.


Hence, the frogs.....and I am taking my chains again.  I also have some optical illusions to use to prove the point.  I have some little ones that I can make jump which I have labeled with small, bigger, and large sins.  I will talk about each sin, and make the frog jump off the table towards the class.  If nothing else, they won't quite know what to expect, and I think they will have fun.  I just have to remember to collect all my frogs before letting them out of the room.

The whole lesson deals with the issues Nephi saw occurring in the last days.  And how we need to recognize Satan's ploys and to be able to resist them.


Should be interesting to see how the class reacts to frogs......we'll see.


At Hobby Lobby tonight, when I went for labels for the frogs, I found a good deal on muslin.  I bought some to use in the Title of Liberty lesson.  I am going to make the class individual Titles of Liberty and then let them write on them during class.  Got some little dowels, and a fancy thing to do on the top so the material doesn't come off.

Also got a book at the church bookstore this week that has a great handout for the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's lesson. it's a paper sword in a sheath with statements about the burying of weapons and keeping covenants.  Should be fun.  Also picked up some pictures of the 2000 Stripling Warriors standing with their mothers.  It kind of makes me stop and think considering some issues I am dealing with in my family at this time.  Hurtful things have been said about Mom, just complaining about everything...hurt feelings caused, gossip being spread, family members upset. People judging that don't have a clue what really happened.  It's a big mess.  It all makes me wonder what a mom of a stripling warrior would have done if faced with the same situation.  Hopefully, things will get better, but who knows for sure.

The tooth I had a root canal on is finally not hurting...and my jaw is finally not sore.  What a mess!  Now on Monday I am getting my teeth cleaned, and then on Thursday, I have to go for the crown....so my teeth will hurt all over again for the next week.

I think I am getting that walking pneumonia stuff again....it seems like a yearly thing for me.  Just a few more days, and it will be bad enough for the medicine.

I am almost done with the rhinestoning of dance costumes for this year....it's been rough going getting them done with everything I have been dealing with the past two months.  However, the end is in sight as soon as the last order of rhinestones arrives.

I am enjoying driving the new van...it rides really nicely, and isn't hard to get in and out of for me with my back issues.  And it has rear air conditioning so the girls are thrilled.  The seats in the back will all fold down, so it can haul a ton of stuff.  Guy got a good deal while I was in Raleigh with the girls, so I came home to a new car to drive.  A good thing because the old one was ready to die any day!  I do need to take Cooper out to learn to drive it though...she never really did learn to drive the big van.  She is much more comfortable in her little mini cooper, beep beep, car.

Well, that's about all for tonight....I am tired and my back is very sore tonight.

Remember to get out there and do some service for someone....it will make you smile.

Mom


No comments: