Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

So much has happened in the last month....

Today I was supposed to have surgery on my numb hand, but because of a bad case of bronchitis, we had to put it off for a week.  So hopefully, they will manage to get it done next Tuesday early in the morning, and by lunch time Dad will have me home and resting.  They are going to fix the carpal tunnel stuff, and also a pinched nerve in my elbow!  Hopefully, they don't have to move the elbow nerve, because that makes for a much longer recovery period.  All the lab work has been done, so hopefully, I passed everything this time, and there won't be any further delays.  I know my blood sugar was where it is supposed to be...I checked it in the car before I went in to see the vampire.

Cymbre hurt her knee again, however, it's a new injury, and they have had her out of dance for almost a month...we see the Doctor again this week, so we are really hoping that she can start to dance again.  Since it is the beginning of competition season and everything.

The girls went to the Jump Convention, and Cooper won 2 scholarships for a total of about $500.00.  She was pretty excited, and she also got to dance onstage with Mike Minery...a master tap teacher.  Cymbre went to observe classes since she couldn't dance, but she still learned several new things to take back to show Ms. Andee.

Cooper will be competing again this next weekend...she wants to try to go to the World Championships of Dance, so she needs to place in several competitions in order to be invited.  Wish her luck, and say your prayers.  Her solos are really great this year!

Dad has just spent the weekend in Utah blessing the new granddaughters....I sent the dresses, but didn't manage to make them this time because of this stupid numb hand!  As soon as I am recovered I am going to make one just to have in my Grandma box, so this doesn't happen again.

Cooper had her 16th birthday, and now I am hoping that Dad will get her a car sooner rather than later....her driving would be such a help.  They went for her license, but they have to go back and take a driving test even though the course Dad taught her says you don't.  Her test is scheduled for the 23rd right after school.  She is planning on passing the first time.  She had to drive for me last night because my arm was just hurting to much to hang on to the steering wheel.  Thank goodness, she can do it.

Cooper's birthday party is this Friday....that should be fun as she has invited around 30-40 people.  Talk about a house full of teenagers.  Hopefully, they won't play that screaming vikings game....that would really shake the house!  We ordered the sandwich tray from Costco and I guess we will make some cupcakes, chips and salsa, and M&M's,  that's usually what she wants.  She will have 4-5 games, and they will just hang out....thank goodness this will be before the surgery.

The girls missed a day at school because of an ice storm that came our way...it was supposed to bring snow, but we didn't get that lucky!  The girls would have loved it!  Dad stayed home from work, and the roads were terrible, but it started to melt by the middle of the afternoon.  Dance was cancelled for several days.

We got wonderful news the Aunt Anny is now cancer free...so all those prayers have been doing their jobs!  Uncle Glen was thrilled when he called the other day.

Dad went with the girls to do baptism at the temple again....seems like the moms always get left at home though.

Everyone seems to think I am crazy being happy about another teenage driver in the house, but I am....I don't have to live at the dance studio all the time, and she can take herself places.  And if I time it right, her and Dad will end up doing all the pumping of gas!  And she can run to the store, and I won't have to haul groceries!  And once she gets her car, Dad will be able to go to work early again, and that means he comes home early again.  That's always a benefit to me.

Guess that's about all for now....must get some curls in my hair before I go get Cooper...we have to go to the orthodontist today.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: