Saturday, February 21, 2009

Competition Hipe!

February 21, 2009

Oh My Goodness! The competition hipe has officially begun tonight. We were rehearsing our dances with Ms. Andee because we compete next Saturday!!! You can just feel the girls excitement building....and Cooper will be beside herself by next Thursday. We will need to be calming her down. It won't happen until after awards though!!

Andee was funny tonight when she told Kristin that we just have to stand back and let Cooper whirl around backstage at competition because she gets so excited! Kristin is just rolling her eyes tonight....she doesn't understand how these two live to compete.

I just have some few changes to make in costumes, just taking in, letting sleeves out, pinning petticoats, etc. to be ready for next week.

They are ready....finally! It's been a LONG, HARD road this year....I will post costume photos shortly.

Cymbre is getting less dizzy each day, and managed to dance today. THANK GOODNESS!! I guess prayers, and priesthood in conjunction with the doctors is working for her. At least that's what I keep telling her. Never doubt what the priesthood and Heavenly Father can do! She should be back in school on Monday, then on Tuesday they are doing the allergy testing, and then we can make some educated decisions with the Allergist and the Ear Nose and Throat Guy as the how to treat her. Guy & I think that we will end up taking out her adnoids. We'll see...

This week will be spent stoning Stand Out, making the hat and arm bands, and getting the other costumes finished up and packed. We have to be to competition at 6:30 am on Saturday for Cymbre to dance at 7:43am. Russell, I hope you are getting ready to do your big brother cheering thing! Then we will find out what time Cooper dances since they are changing her from Sunday. Hopefully, it will be Saturday am, and we can leave after the midday awards (more cheering Russell)...and Hintze can just go fly a kite! Casey is coming with us, so we have a lawyer just in case. Ms. Melissa from Hintze is also coming with Andee because she wants to support the girls and thinks Michelle is being so childish.

I am finally being able to not ice my foot everynight! Can you believe it? And I can walk a bit faster, and it doesn't throb so much! Amazing progress for 6+ months don't you think? And the biggest thing is I can sew for more than an hour at a time....FINALLY! Still don't wear many shoes though.

Dad made the reservations for me to go to BYU Women's conference just after Shyla's graduation....that means I go to Graduation, and then stay a few days and then the Women's Conference. It means Dad will have to handle Hall of Fame competition, but Kristin and Andee will help dress the girls. I'll have everything ready before I leave, and they just have to make sure all the parts come home. I also means that I get dibs and baby Jack!!

Cooper is going to her first Youth Dance tonight, and she is already tired from dancing all afternoon. It will be fun to hear what she has to say when she gets home tonight. I told her if the boys don't ask her, she can ask them....I think she has plans. Spencer Wood better watch out. They are friends at school, and she thinks he is fair game if he is there. She wishes Dallas Bitter, and Cody Ferriera were old enough. I told her she can invite some of the football team to the dances, but they have to obey all the rules, and dance modestly. She said she might invite them next time. .....then she won't be standing by the wall I can guarantee. She is tired, and Dad told her when she wants to come home just call him, and he will come right away for her. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Well, I better get going on those little costume fixes...

PS The oven is finally fixed, that means roast and baked potatoes after church tomorrow.

Everyone make sure you do something nice for someone today....just to make them smile.

And anyone close to that Grandbaby of mine better be giving him LOTS of Grammie hugs!

Dad and I love you bunches!

Mom

No comments: