Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bronchitis Attacks!

February 17, 2009

Bronchitis has attacked our house YET AGAIN! Poor Cymbre has had it 3 times now in the last 6 months. Cooper, Cymbre and I have all been down, and we have been taking our medicine, but still have NO energy. Cooper is back at school, but Cymbre is having some dizziness (and no, it isn't hereditary!) so the doctors have changed her antibiotic yet again. In all honesty, I think that because she has been on so many antibiotics the past few months, her system just doesn't like them anymore. However, we have to get this bronchitis taken care of. She may end up at my pulmonary doctor...

I have been sewing like a crazy person to get these last costumes done. Do you realize how many hours it takes to make a tutu? Three days! You have to gather ten million yards of that dumb tulle, and then tame it enough to get the stuff on the waistband! I DID IT!!! I beat that stuff into submission, and the tutu looks terriffic! And yes, I say so myself! I refuse to be humble when it comes to tulle! Now I just have to finish the vest, and come up with a wonderful headpiece using feathers and Christmas balls, and more tulle! Then it will be on to the duet costumes, and you guessed it, MORE TULLE!

Cymbre dances her solo at 7:43am on the 28th. So Russell, you have to remember to do your big brother thing.

Cooper's time will be determined when we get to competition, they are hoping to move her from Sunday evening to be around Cymbre's time. Awards are at lunch time, so again Russell, you have to cheer.

We had a grand time with Grandpa Flanagan and Norma....the girls already want them to come back again. Dad took them to NASA, and they had a great time.

My oven is still dead....why do my appliances hate me so much? I am kind to them, and I feed the oven decent food on a regular basis. I mean just last week, it had roast and baked potatoes on Sunday, then chicken strips and crescent rolls of Monday. Then the dumb thing broke on Tuesday, and has just been laying there flashing codes at me ever since. It was beeping, but Grandpa and Dad took some of it's guts out and it stopped. Today I got the part in the mail, maybe Dad and I can fix the dumb thing and save ourselves a service call. GE says they can't come until Friday, so that gives us a couple of days to figure it out. It just looks to me like we have to turn off the power, and then just move the wires from the dead part to the new part. Sounds easy enough! Then the thing could be back in working order and GE would just have to get the money for the part, which we would pay. AND I wouldn't have to stay home all day waiting on them on Friday. Do you know how often you use your oven to fix dinner? I do most every day, and it's been a REAL PAIN to not have it. I am even nice to it and turn on the self cleaning cycle sometimes.

Dad is trying to get Maytag to replace the dryer....that's a soap opera all it's own. For now, we just have it propped up on a 2x4 so it doesn't make all that racket....now it just moans and groans! I wish the things would just die, then maybe they could figure out what part to fix. Five times they have some out, and 5 times it's starts doing the same thing the very afternoon they leave. Even the supervisors are at a loss.

Pretty soon at the rate things are going around here, the dining room table will go on strike, or the bookcases will refuse to hold the books anymore. All we need is just one tiny little earthquake, and can't you just see the whole house covered in books. I mean we have them on shelves in every room! And if that table goes on strike, where will I put all the boxes of stuff I have to mail to the college kids, or cut out the dance costumes I have to still do? Where will all the dust particles land and have their dust meetings, and where will we keep company when the family room is too messy for them to see? At least Dad got the new DVR hooked up and we figured out how to record my shows when I am on the dance run. Dad sets it, and then he goes on the dance run while I watch the show, and then I can still watch again the next day. I think it works out perfectly, at least until Dad has to go out of town. He taught Cymbre how to do it, so we'll still be ok when he leaves.

Well, that vest isn't sewing itself...can't imagine why. I mean I left the machine plugged in, and threaded. What's the problem? Just run yourself through it, and cut your own threads!

Enough of this foolishness!

Remember that it is better to serve someone else instead of yourself.

Mom and Dad love you all very much.

Mom

No comments: