Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just foolin' Around

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Gosh I finally got this thing to let me in to make a new post. I have been fighting with the sign in process for half an hour. I finally went and reset everything, and then it let me in. Caleb, I did everything the same, so you should be able to sign in and fix that stuff for me.

Dad is in Switzerland for the next few days, only he is out in the mountains on some field job. Can't reach him, so hopefully, things won't go wrong.

I have been working that poor old sewing machine for a couple of days now. It's had some complaints, and broke a couple of needles in protest, but we managed to make bean bag chairs for the dance room. Today I finished some little curtains to cover the front of the bookcase. Now it just doesn't look so messy, even though the girls have to straighten it up every Saturday. Tomorrow, when we don't have to be at school for things, we are working on the curtains for the windows. Watch out! Dad might say we are moving!!! NOT!!

Thankfully, the hurricane didn't come to Houston! I was not looking forward to that with Dad being out of the country. Got some rain today, but nothing to big.

Have any of you every comtemplated why the window sill manages to get so much dust when you dust them off every Saturday? I am getting just a little bit tired of the dust on the family room windowsills....for the life of me I just can't imagine where it comes from. You would think we were a family of dustballs! Those sills manage to grab more dust than the mantle, which is 3 times as wide. Just how does that work?

And just how does the sealed door on the front of the fireplace manage to get dirty on the inside when we never light the fire? I think I have dust gremlins attacking the place at night. The problem is, most nights I spend some time on the couch asleep, so when are they coming. Maybe I will make Dad sleep on the couch when he snores for a night or two and then he can catch them!

Does anyone know what a dust gremlin looks like, just so I can tell Dad what he is looking for in his sleep?

AND: why do dead bugs always breathe their last breath and die right next to the baseboards where the vacumn doesn't get them? Where are the bug laws that say that is permissible? And how do we go about changing it? I think bugs who have eaten bug spray should be required to let themselves outside to do the dying bit! Haven't they ever heard that they should go find water?

Does anyone know where bobby pins go to hide? I have bought at least a million bobby pins over the years, but when we need them, they are not in the drawer where they are supposed to be. They are not under the couch, in the drawer with the hairbrushes, or even under the bed. They don't hide in great abundance in dance bags, nor are they on the bathroom floor. Just where do they go, and how do they walk away given that I have never seen a bobby pin with legs. Maybe someone is smuggling them, kidnapping them to a far away place! Maybe I need to call the FBI! (Find Bobbypin Investigators) Maybe they are going on dates with the pony tail holders that also seem to disappear just when you need them.

One puzzling question for this week: why do hairbrushes collect lint down between the bristles? You would think that something you use everyday would not have time to collect lint. It's not as though it is a dryer vent! And does this mean that my hair is full of lint--I don't see any in the mirror each morning. So does that mean that my hair grows lint during the day? And how come Dad's comb doesn't appear to have lint? Is his hair better than mine? I know it's thinner. So does that mean that I have fat hair, and does fat hair grow lint? Is there such a thing as fat hair? I've heard of big hair, but not fat hair.

Well, before the men in white coats show up at the door (no I am not crazy, but I can't vouch for my kids!) I better post this and get the little girls ready for bed.

Have a great day....remember who you are!

Love you.

Mom

3 comments:

Shyla said...

Mom, you're crazy. I know where the bobby pins are, in my car! I keep finding them everywhere. The girls must have been taking them out on the way home from dance all those times or something!

Caleb said...

I think they are all at my house. I find them everywhere.

Lady in Waiting said...

I only have one thats on the floor by my couch. But I agree with Shyla mom your starting to loose it just a bit. But I think if you need a picture of dust gremlins maybe just think of the ones in that movie Gremlins and then thier just covered in dust like that kid from Peanuts.