Monday, July 30, 2012

Lizards Don't Make Good Kickballs!

July 30, 2012


Cooper and I have made it home from Tap Kids in Vermont, and I will post photos later....we are getting back in the dance rut.  Fall dance classes will start right after the dance intensives this week.  Thankfully,  I got the fall registration completed while we were in Vermont, so now I just have to write the checks.


The other day when we were just about to leave to go do some shopping, a tiny lizard decided to invade my turf!  That's really not a good idea....just saying.  My hands were full of my purse and other such things ready to walk out to the car, so I just tried to kick him back outside.  The dumb lizard didn't cooperate.  I'm just saying.....he would still be alive today had he just cooperated and taken my hint that I didn't want him in my house!!  No, instead he must have put glue on his feet, because he didn't hardly move even though I kicked him pretty good.  Then we found him rolled up in a ball closer to the door, so again we kicked him.  In the end, he is dead in the hole in the doormat....and I don't care.  I hope his mother or father come looking for him and have to cart away his carcass.....I'd say he learned his lesson the hard way!

While I have been gone, Guy and Cymbre have been hard at work on the flowerbeds outside, a new kitchen faucet, the kitchen tile scrubbed and sealed by Sears, the master bath painted, trees pruned, paths built, and repainted the address numbers on the curb.....it all just wears me out.  And now the kitchen lightbulbs all match.  Cymbre says it took a couple of trips to Lowe's to accomplish that task.  Guess Guy couldn't remember which one he liked best....doesn't matter, they all match now.  It's all mood lighting to me anyway with those new energy efficient bulbs!

I was sitting in the bathtub the other night looking at the paint job Guy had done, and it dawned on me that the curtains around the tub looked funny to me.  So I sat there, trying to figure out what the problem was.  Then finally it dawned on me that when he washed the curtains, he put them back on the rod thru where the ruffle is supposed to be, so they are not as fancy without the ruffle.  So I need to climb around the tub and fix them.....guess it doesn't matter, at least he washed and ironed them with starch!

Guess that's about all for today...must run and get some stuff for dinner.




No comments: