Monday, March 21, 2011

First Night No Dance Run!

March 21, 2011

Can you actually believe it?  I didn't have to make the late dance run tonight.....that little mini cooper car managed to get them to the studio and home without Mom even having to take off my slippers!  Dad didn't have to go either....he's on a plane to Norway.  I managed to sit in the bath for a good hour and read my book....wonders will never cease!  I have just a bit of a problem grasping the concept of after 13 years....13 very LONG and BORING years of sitting at that studio, I FINALLY don't have to do it anymore....what freedom!  What will Dad and I do with all our extra time now?  Will we have anything to talk about to fill the extra hours?   Think of the sewing I may be able to get done whenever I manage to get my sewing room put back together and functioning again!  Think of the time I could skype the Grandbabies!  I can even sit and watch a show with Dad...but not Bones....I don't like that one.  And no sports!  Maybe a good chick flick!  Maybe I will find some time to dust my pubs, or get the piano tuned, and clean out the frig.....or make the visual aids for my Sunday School lesson before Saturday night....or just sit on the couch and hold Dad's hand!  Maybe I can finally organize the costume closet again, and catch all the dust bunnies that are floating around plotting against me somewhere....or clean the upstairs blinds, or heck....maybe I could scrapbook the Disneyland vacation from a 100 years ago!  Maybe Dad and I can play Mille Bournes like we used to, but he still has to add the miles up for me...and let me win sometimes.  Maybe I can get my blog published in a book, and finish catching up our family history story, and the kids baby books....I think Britni is about 10, and Cymbre is probably not even 1!  I can go through all those old calendars with the baby book stuff written on, and find the info, fill up the books, and get rid of the calendars....I can organize the dance resumes for these two dancers....If I buy the Christmas  cards now, I might manage to get them signed before Dad wants to mail them.  I can organize all the DVDS in the little files that I bought at the Container store.  Maybe I could figure out how to make my Ipod work.....or take my sewing machine in for a tune up....although that induces trauma somewhat comparable to leaving my wedding ring at the jewelers for cleaning and repairs.  I don't know that my heart can stand that......I could restock my Grandma box...I have just reduced the inventory with all these new grandbabies that have shown up.....I could make the sewing room curtains, but I have to be sure they aren't the last ones needing done in the house because I don't want to move right now....getting new carpet was enough of a mess for me!  I can finish putting my closet back together.....and clean up all my lesson making books in Dad's closet.....I still need to make the chokers to go with the duet costume for competition in two weeks....guess that should move to the head of this list, right after turn on the dishwasher, and do the laundry.  I am going to find the time to get some extra kisses from Dad, to hang all the pictures that need hanging, and to clean out the coat closet..we don't need snow playing stuff in the closet anymore!  AND TAKE A NAP!

AND find someone to do something for who needs it....there was a homeless man sitting outside the gas station we stopped at on the way home....I just wanted to bring him home and let him shower and feed him....instead I smiled at him and kept walking ....to which he said thanks for the smile....no one has smiled at me for days......guess he needed that worse than I thought!  I should have given him the cold drink I had in my hand....what was I thinking?

Maybe the Savior noticed my smile and will cancel out something wrong I did....we could hope!

Get out there and do something!

Love you,

Mom

No comments: